Cristian Ionescu-Zanetti PhD, Fluxion Biosciences
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
The Ionflux system is the first automated patch clamp system to achieve high quality giga-seal recordings with continuous perfusion using an affordable and uniquely designed microfluidic substrate.
This webinar will address the following topics:
- A comparison between single cell, Giga-ohm seal data and ensemble recordings from sets of 20-cells
- Seal rates and success rates will be discussed for recording a variety of different cell lines
- Giga-seal data recording (single cell) for a variety of ionic channels will be discussed:
- Voltage-gated sodium channels (examples using Nav1.7 and Nav 1.8)
- Voltage-gated potassium channels (examples using hERG)
- Ligand gated channels (examples using ASIC and GABA)
A number of different recording protocols will be presented for Nav 1.8 (a target that traditionally exhibit slow current amplitudes in endogenous systems) and Nav1.7. The protocols will include traditional pharmacology measurements and use dependent block protocols using repeated voltage stimulation.