Full installation of BioFlux software on Windows 11
This software installation works with BioFlux One, BioFlux 200, and BioFlux DCIS systems. Use this installer if you have never installed BioFlux 200 software or are doing a complete re-installation. In order to re-install the full BioFlux 200 Software Package for microfluidic control, download our installer here (installer size is ~850MB):
BioFlux Patch to 184.108.40.206 (install this patch after the full installation)
Installing the BioFlux Software
Installation of the BioFlux software is performed using the installation files linked above, or the Software Installation USB stick provided with your system.
1. Enable the .NET Framework 3.5 and disable driver signature enforcement
- Before installing the software onto a Windows 10 PC, first perform the following:
- Enable the .NET Framework 3.5 in Control Panel. You can enable the .NET Framework 3.5 through the Windows Control Panel. This option requires an Internet connection.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard, type "Windows Features", and press Enter. The "Turn Windows features on or off" dialog box appears. Select the .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) check box, select OK.
- Set Windows 10 PC to "Ignore Signature Enforcement" at start-up by pressing and holding the Shift key on your keyboard and clicking the Restart button.
- Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click the Restart button.
- When your computer restarts, you'll see a list of options. Press F7 on your keyboard to select Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.
- Insert the Fluxion USB drive containing the BioFlux Software Installation files, or use the download link above.
- •Upon loading BioFlux Full Install V2_5_0_8 (or by manually opening the main directory), a directory of the contents should be displayed on your screen. Right click on “Setup.exe” and choose “Properties”.
- From the dialog box, click “Compatibility” tab/Change settings for all users. Select Windows 7 under the Compatibility mode and tick the "Run this program as an administrator" box. Click “Apply” and then “OK”.
- Double click on “Setup.exe” to start the installation process. Follow the instructions on the screen during this process. The necessary files for the BioFlux Software will be installed, including third party drivers from National Instruments.
- Upon completion of the installation of BioFlux Full Install V2_5_0_8, do not restart the computer. You will first need to install an update to the software. In the BioFlux Control Software Patch v2_6_0_9 file, set the software to "Run as an administrator" and "Windows 7 compatible" before running the update. Run the update to install version V2_6_0_9. The Patch is included with the installation software package in the USB drive or the patch link above.
- Restart the computer
- From time to time, Fluxion may release updates to the BioFlux Software. To install these updates, run the Setup file from its folder as an administrator and Windows 7 compatible and it will automatically install the update to the main application program.
If you are using a smaller monitor, we have found that with a monitor resolution 1280 x 800 on a 12-inch laptop monitor is sufficient to view the entire user interface of the software.
IMPORTANT: BioFlux controllers include calibration settings that must be entered into the software prior to use. The calibration values are listed on the back of the BioFlux controller. Enter these values by selecting in the top menu System - Calibration Data. Enter the values from the back of the instrument, then click Apply and Close.